A good and usually cheaper alternative to a hotel is serviced apartment. Prices are very similar to 2 or 3-star hotels, although cheap and popular, they may be some distance from the centre. Private rooms in serviced apartments start at about 1000 CZK per night, usually excluding breakfast. It is quite a new trend that lots of visitors prefer to stay in short-term rented apartments or private flats and thus the number of private rooms to rent in Prague has grown significantly. Families with children and larger groups especially appreciate this type of accommodation if they want to stay under one roof as some apartments can accommodate up to 12 people. Also, people searching for a cosy and well-equipped place (generally all apartments have cooking facilities) where they can do almost everything by themselves will like them. Most apartments (except some hotel apartments) do not have a reception or room service to deal with your needs. On the other hand, you will definitely get more privacy and better value for your money. All you have to do is pick up a key to the flat or apartment and return the key at the end of your stay.
- www.apartments.cz – run by Prague-based E-Travel, who also manage the well-designed www.travel.cz; one of the widest offers on the web. Plenty of pictures.
- www.a-prague.com/ – Athos Travel offers all kinds of accommodations and incoming services, including apartments.
- www.marys.cz – not just apartments but also other hotels and pensions, transfers, excursions, etc. Lots of pictures with good info, quick service.
- www.pragueaccommodations.com – beautiful, tastefully furnished apartments in historical buildings located in the Malá Strana area; great for families.
- www.b35.cz – B35 is an excellent budget hotel just outside of the city centre; an adjoining building, managed by the same people, offers affordable, bright apartments for rent. Fantastic penthouse with terrace and fireplace sleeps up to six!
- www.apart-vysehrad.cz – apartments in the Vysehrad area of Prague, south of the city centre, near the river.
- www.untours.com – a Prague two-week package (apartment plus air ticket and transfers, orientation, and support) can be booked through Untours, a veteran of the US travel industry.
- www.penzion.cz – apartment house located 4bus stop from Wenceslas square, special discounts for groups.
- www.lovingprague.com – selection of Prague Apartments for a rental by days or weeks to suit all tastes, styles and budgets.
- www.prague-stay.com – 36 exclusive and select Prague apartments. The centrally located serviced apartments, situated in renovated historic buildings, are available for a short, medium or long-term stay.
- www.praguecentralapartments.com – native English speaking, Prague based management, offering Prague apartments to suit all needs and catering specifically for short term tourist holidays in Prague for over 5 years.
- www.praguenet.com – apartments, flats to let, short term apartment rentals, vacation rentals, furnished apartments for rent, apartment exchanges and more.
- www.prague-city-apartments.cz – Prague accommodation in city centre, spacious and fully furnished Prague apartments in the historical centre.
- www.apartments-in-prague.org – offering very nice, private apartments in Prague’s centre for substantially less than Prague hotel costs.
- www.homesweethome.cz/en/ – rentals and sales of residential and commercial properties in Prague and beyond.
Frustration, thy name is shopping for bedding in the Czech Republic! Because beds with two single mattresses pushed together are more common than a double one, comforters, sheets, and duvet covers are oddly sized. The dimensions for bedding for a single mattress are approximately 200 x 80, 90, or 100; for two single mattresses pushed together dimensions are 200 x 160, 180, or 200.